[Uim] Where to customize input pad program location setting?

Gernot Hassenpflug gernot at mb3.seikyou.ne.jp
Wed Jan 31 04:27:31 EET 2007

Dear UIM developers and users,

This is my first post, so excuse me if I missed relevant documentation.
I read UIM homepage, Japanese UIM wiki, and /usr/share/doc/uim-* on my
Ubuntu 6.10 GNU/linux system.

UIM I use with GTK IM module and GNOME applet. What bothers me is that
I cannot get input pad (handwriting, not the mouse-click character
input \"Pad\") program to execute from the applet \"Hand\" button.
However, I can run /usr/bin/kanjipad from console and it appears fine.

So I searched the ~/.uim.d/ directory and the doc directory, but I
could not find a setting in the various .scm files where the program
location is specified or customizable. I tried to understand the Makefile
in the doc directory also, but I do not notice anything relevant there.

Do I have to read the source code for UIM and recompile, or is it possible
to set paths in .scm files?

On the other hand, if I should look for some other solution, any pointers
are welcome.

Best regards,
      Gernot Hassenpflug

--
Gernot Hassenpflug
Find out how something works, to know its functionality and limits