[Uim] Where to customize input pad program location setting?

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 06:07:38 EET 2007

Hi,

On 1/31/07, Gernot Hassenpflug <gernot at mb3.seikyou.ne.jp> wrote:
> This is my first post, so excuse me if I missed relevant documentation.
> I read UIM homepage, Japanese UIM wiki, and /usr/share/doc/uim-* on my
> Ubuntu 6.10 GNU/linux system.
>
> UIM I use with GTK IM module and GNOME applet. What bothers me is that
> I cannot get input pad (handwriting, not the mouse-click character
> input \"Pad\") program to execute from the applet \"Hand\" button.
> However, I can run /usr/bin/kanjipad from console and it appears fine.

Have you installed uim-tomoe-gtk.  This is the GUI frontend of Tomoe
(handwriting recognition algorithm, http://tomoe.sourceforge.jp) for
uim.

> So I searched the ~/.uim.d/ directory and the doc directory, but I
> could not find a setting in the various .scm files where the program
> location is specified or customizable. I tried to understand the Makefile
> in the doc directory also, but I do not notice anything relevant there.

Sorry about the lack of the information about Tomoe.  I'll add some
notes on Tomoe at fd.o's wiki later.

> Do I have to read the source code for UIM and recompile, or is it possible
> to set paths in .scm files?

Please just install tomoe-0.5.0, libtomoe-gtk-0.5.0, and
uim-tomoe-gtk-0.5.0.  After the installation, clicking "Hand" button
should launch the hand writing input pad.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato
ek.kato at gmail.com