[Uim] does uim-fep works for debian 7

Zhang Cong congzhang at mathphoenix.com
Mon Apr 7 02:05:06 PDT 2014

Hi NOKUBI,

    I test on Debian 7 and  it support input Japanese character, which I
need  set default input mode for anthy to other than Direct Input like
Hiragana in uim-pref-gtk.

    So maybe, Chinese PY input method has something option like this. but I
can't find that, it seems always in direct mode.

    The uim-fep -u py can't work on debian 7( none hurd), if this problem
can be slove, the hurd part was just a port problem,  forgot hurd first:).

    Thanks for your reply.

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 3:44 PM, NOKUBI Takatsugu <knok at daionet.gr.jp> wrote:

> In my environment, locale was missing, so I installed
> locale-data package and tried to generate Japanese locale.
>
> # locale-gen
> Generating locales (this might take a while)...
>   ja_JP.EUC-JP...Segmentation fault
>  done
>   ja_JP.UTF-8...Segmentation fault
>  done
> Generation complete.
>
> It seems not work appropriately, but uim-fep works
> on the envrionment.
>
> $ uim-fep -u anthy
> $
> anthy[An- R]
>
> Can you check /etc/locale.gen and try to make locale
> data?

 locale-gen will cause Segment fault (this problem can be deal with later),
 I use locales-all package, which include all the precompiled locale.