[VDPAU] Extend Flash workaround for Opera and Konqueror

Stephen Warren swarren at nvidia.com
Fri Jan 18 08:22:38 PST 2013

James Le Cuirot wrote at Friday, January 18, 2013 2:29 AM:
> A patch that extends the existing Flash workaround for Opera and
> Konqueror was written by Anssi Hannula, a Mageia developer, but I can't
> see any evidence that it was sent back upstream so I'd just like to
> make sure that this happens. Please see the patch in their repository.
>
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/updates/2/libvdpau/current/SOURCES/libvdpau-workaround-flashplayer-
> konq-opera.patch?view=markup

It might be best to rework that patch to split init_running_under_flash()
into 3 functions; one which checks /proc/self/cmdline, one which checks
/proc/self/comm, and another which checks /proc/self/maps. The way, if
any of the error handling triggers e.g. while checking /proc/self/cmdline,
it won't cause the code to check e.g. /proc/self/comm to be skipped.

Using strstr() would be slightly less efficient for the /proc/self/maps
check, but would make the code a lot simpler.