[virglrenderer-devel] regarding ARGB_copy_image and 3 component textures

Gert Wollny gert.wollny at collabora.com
Tue Jul 10 10:37:18 UTC 2018

Am Dienstag, den 10.07.2018, 08:56 +0200 schrieb Gert Wollny:
> Am Dienstag, den 10.07.2018, 08:52 +0200 schrieb Gert Wollny:
> > Am Dienstag, den 10.07.2018, 08:57 +1000 schrieb Dave Airlie:
> > >
> > > I'm going to have expend some quality time on this 3 component
> > > is always a pita, and I think there are some things about
> > > treating
> > > them different when texture buffer objects are in use vs when
> > > they
> > > aren't, as in you can store them in 4 components normally, except
> > > in some TBO cases,
> >
> > I learned this the hard, way, (e.g. no swizzeling for TBO), but the
> > good news is that Eriks format cleanup patches actually solve this
> > problem (with the mesa part of the series).

I was wrong, I just realized that arb_copy_image-formats was not part
of my test-set and it still fails because it allocates one texture as
four component and the other as three component. same for

dEQP-
GLES31.functional.copy_image.non_compressed.viewclass_96_bits.rgb32ui_r
gb32f.texture2d_to_texture2d

Interestingly dEQP-
GLES31.functional.copy_image.non_compressed.viewclass_96_bits.rgb32ui_r
gb32i.texture2d_to_texture2d passes

Best,
Gert