[virglrenderer-devel] features rework part 3 (ignore part 2)

Gert Wollny gert.wollny at collabora.com
Tue Jul 24 07:56:52 UTC 2018

Am Dienstag, den 24.07.2018, 13:38 +1000 schrieb Dave Airlie:
> This contains the part 2 work in it, and moves nearly all the
> remaining code to using the features frameworks and tries to
> clamp down any places we might access a GL API that isn't applicable
> to the framework.

Most of the series looks fine to me, there are some nits, Patch 5
regresses on GLES (the feat is available for GLES >= 3.0 and it must be
enabled, otherwise the output is garbage), and the last patch seems
bougus (see comment there).

> This series doesn't always dtrt for GLES3 hosts so I suspect,
> we will need a rebase/rework of Gert's code once this lands.
I think when this is landed rebasing my work will be very easy.

> I also need to test this a bit more, I suspect.
I haven't tested much, and I expect to see is more regressions on GLES
where you actually test whether the feature is available.

I'll run a full test for GLES 2.0 and 3.0 on GLES 3.1 now and add
comments to the patches where I see obvious corrections, but you still
have my R-b as given in the other e-mails, because I think it is better
to land this sooner than later,

Best,
Gert