[virglrenderer-devel] Towards gles 3.1

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 20:23:25 UTC 2018

On 9 June 2018 at 01:11, Gert Wollny <gert.wollny at collabora.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> with nearly all of the gles2 and gles3 tests passing now (although some
> patches still need to be reviewed and commited) we thought it could be
> now time to look into support for gles 3.1 on the guest side.
>
> As pointed out in this bug report [1] patches for experimental support
> already exists for virglrenderer and mesa, but at least virglrenderer
> master diverged quite a lot from the tree [2] where this was
> implemented.
>
> My take on this would be to rebase the preliminary work done in [2],
> but since virglrenderer is now hosted on gitlab.fdo [3] I'd prefer to
> do this work on a fork hosted there (regardless of whether we start to
> use pull requests or not).
>
> Any comments are welcome, I'll probably start with this on Monday

First up I expect for this we want to always be rebasing, like keep
a branch, but be ready for it to have pieces merged into master and
rebased the whole time. I expect we won't just merge the completed
branch, but will have to go back and make proper commits out of it,
like I've done with the tessellation work.

I've been playing around with this stuff on the sidelines:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/airlied/virglrenderer/tree/gl-4.5
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/mesa/log/?h=virgl-gl-4.5

Is my rebase of my parts onto my current desktop GL 4.1 work on master.

I need to rebase Gurchetan's ssbo fixes on top as well.

This tree advertises GL4.5, but really I think things get tough after
GL4.3 due to coherent buffer storage, but I wanted to get OpenGL
CTS to run over it and get a feel for how bad things are.

I just managed to get OpenGL CTS to start running against it yesterday.

Dave.