[virglrenderer-devel] moving to gitlab.fd.o

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu.vizoso at collabora.com
Fri May 25 05:24:13 UTC 2018

On 05/25/2018 02:20 AM, Dave Airlie wrote:
> I'm going to move the git repo over to being host on
> gitlab.freedesktop.org next week sometime.
>
> I'm not really sure if I want to move to a pull request model, but it
> would be nice to at least get things into gitlab hosting, and it might
> make some of the CI stuff easier (does it?)

Must say beforehand that I don't have much experience with Gitlab myself
other than my short attempt to get CI working for this project.

My plan back then in case that the mainline repo stayed outside Gitlab
was to setup a mirror in gitlab.fd.o. With the reasoning being that what
I saw as most important was that every commit was tested and
notifications delivered to the ml.

I guess that using the pull request model would have the advantage of CI
being ran on the proposed patches before merge, but I think it's good
practice anyway for the contributing teams to have an integration branch
with pre-flight patches, on which CI would be run. So not that much
different at the end.

TL;DR We can get most benefits from Gitlab CI even if things stay the
same in upstream

Regards,

Tomeu