[virglrenderer-devel] vtest glxinfo virpipe

Vasyl Vavrychuk vvavrychuk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 06:08:58 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 8:56 AM Gert Wollny <gert.wollny at collabora.com> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 29.07.2019, 01:00 +0300 schrieb Vasyl Vavrychuk:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I want to run virgl tests using vtest. For this I follow
> > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/virgl/virglrenderer/wikis/vtest.
> >
> > Wiki says that if I run:
> >
> >   export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=y export GALLIUM_DRIVER=virpipe
> > glxinfo
> >
> > I am expected to see virgl but where should I see it?
> >
> > I am asking because I am not able to see it.
>
> What you should see is glxgears running, but you also have to start the
> virgl_server. If it is not running you should get some error message.

1. But that means wiki page should be changed glxinfo -> glxgears if i
am expected to run glxgears? And it is nothing to see in glxinfo.

2. I am able to run 'env LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=y
GALLIUM_DRIVER=virpipe glxgears' even without vtest_server started.
Therefore I expect that GALLIUM_DRIVER gets ignored. I will try to
debug this issue.