[virglrenderer-devel] vtest glxinfo virpipe

Gert Wollny gert.wollny at collabora.com
Mon Jul 29 06:17:20 UTC 2019

Am Montag, den 29.07.2019, 09:08 +0300 schrieb Vasyl Vavrychuk:
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 8:56 AM Gert Wollny <
> gert.wollny at collabora.com> wrote:
> > Am Montag, den 29.07.2019, 01:00 +0300 schrieb Vasyl Vavrychuk:
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I want to run virgl tests using vtest. For this I follow
> > > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/virgl/virglrenderer/wikis/vtest.
> > >
> > > Wiki says that if I run:
> > >
> > >   export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=y export GALLIUM_DRIVER=virpipe
> > > glxinfo
> > >
> > > I am expected to see virgl but where should I see it?
> > >
> > > I am asking because I am not able to see it.
> >
> > What you should see is glxgears running, but you also have to start
> > the
> > virgl_server. If it is not running you should get some error
> > message.
>
> 1. But that means wiki page should be changed glxinfo -> glxgears if
> am expected to run glxgears? And it is nothing to see in glxinfo.
Sorry, early in the morning, of course oyu can run glxinfo, and in the
Extended renderer info section you sould see something like

    Vendor: Red Hat (0x1af4)
    Device: virgl (0x1010)

> 2. I am able to run 'env LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=y
> GALLIUM_DRIVER=virpipe glxgears' even without vtest_server started.
> Therefore I expect that GALLIUM_DRIVER gets ignored. I will try to
> debug this issue.
This shoudl indeed not happen, but it's more likely some problem with
the shell not setting these values properly, did you put all on one
line or did you do it like

  export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=y
  export GALLIUM_DRIVER=virpipe
  glxinfo

The wiki might have a formatting issue there

Best,
Gert