[waffle] Checking In

Chad Versace chad.versace at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 11 07:24:57 PDT 2014

On 09/09/2014 08:11 PM, Jordan Justen wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Chad Versace
> <chad.versace at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Is Waffle 2.0 bringing an API change due to WGL integration?

Yes. It's a small API change. Some functions need extra parameters due
to WGL. iirc, waffle_get_proc_address needs an additional 'display'
parameter.

> Does this mean Waffle 2.0 will change the library name to waffle-2.so?

Probably. If we break ABI compatibility, which looks likely, then we need to
change the soname. In addition to changing the soname, we should also change
the library name to libwaffle-2.so to allow parallal installibility.  We
shouldn't emulate the disasters of libpng.