[waimea] shadow on windows ?

c99drn at cs.umu.se c99drn at cs.umu.se
Wed Jul 28 23:30:14 EEST 2004

Citerar Eoin Hennessy <eoin.hennessy at gmail.com>:

> As far as I know, that's done by Keitch Packards x server.
>
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:10:25 -0500, Dan Ostrowski <dan at ostrowski.cc> wrote:
> > I wish someone would post how the hell to do that, I tried for hours
> > looking at the man pages and the documentation and couldn't figure it
> > out.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > cf http://freedesktop.org/~davidr/screenshots/waimea-3.png
> > > Is the new waimea able to draw shadow for windows or is it a
> > screenshot cheat ? :)

Yes, that's right. I was running the kdrive xserver and xcompmgr when taking
that screenshot.
http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/xserver

I've been meaning to add compositing manager support into waimea but I haven't
got around doing that yet. This will make shadows configurable from waimea's
config system and translucent decorations will work as they are supposed to
do.

-David