[waimea] shadow on windows ?

Carl Lucas vokyvsd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 22:46:30 EEST 2004

Window shadowing isn't currently controllable by waimea, and even if
it were, you'd need an X server that supports the Composite extension.
The screenshots were made on a box running freedesktop.org's kdrive X
server and xcompmgr.  The kdrive server has support for the Composite
extension, and xcompmgr uses that extension to do pretty things like
drop shadows and translucency.  But it's not waimea specific; you can
get the same effects in any other window manager.

http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/XserverInstallGuide gives
instructions for installing the kdrive server.

If you're using another X server (i.e. XFree86 or Xorg's X server,
neither of which support the Composite extension), you're out of luck.

Carl

P.S. Sorry for the duplicate message, Dan.  I forgot to hit reply to all.