[waimea] mousewheel desktop switching

Carl Lucas vokyvsd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 03:52:25 EEST 2004

I've always been fluxbox/windowmaker/etc. fan, and I really like my
mousewheel desktop switching.  I tried to set it up in waimea with an
action like:

<action function="previousdesktop"
        event="buttonpress"
        button="button5">
</action>

in my ~/.waimea/pre-action.conf.  But when I do that, it switches my
desktop any time I move the mousewheel, even if my pointer is over a
window.  I looked through the waimea.dtd file and tried to set up a
modifier constraint like:

    <modifier constraint="must_exist" name="windowstateewmhdesktop"/>

thinking that maybe that would only let it happen if the current
window was the desktop, but with that constraint, I can't desktop
wheel from anywhere at all.  My other idea was to do a
"must_not_exist" constraint for one of the WindowState properties, but
all of the WindowState properties are specific enough that there are
occasionally going to be windows which don't match.  Is there another
constraint that I'm overlooking?  Or is there another way to do
desktop wheeling?

Thanks,
Carl