[waimea] pyrex wrappers

Tim Stebbing tjstebbing at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 04:11:11 EEST 2004

greetings hackers :)

I've been investigating writing a python/vector/X based wm for a week
now in an attempt to create my ideal desktop. I have settled on a
better idea however:

I intend on wrapping the waimea api for python using pyrex:
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/

My intention is then to write a command line interface to the wm which
is accessed via a single line command prompt bar that replaces the
gnome panel, among other things like writing a pygtk config tool. The
command bar will have a conventional shell mode, as well as a wm mode
and later on i plan on integrating a file manager mode, with a
graphical file manager interface. In shell mode the command bar will
grow up out of the bar providing a psudo-docked terminal window.

yes, all pie in the sky, but I'm sick of going from desktop to
desktop, I've decided to write my own.

So, introductions and intentions aside, I'm open to ridicule,
suggestions, assistance and beer.

PS, nice to meet you all :)

-tjs