Who is working on the non-drawing parts?

jonsmirl at gmail.com jonsmirl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:49:24 PST 2010

2010/11/24 Marty Jack <martyj19 at comcast.net>:
> I notice you are planning on using the keymapping library, which is good, but the keydefinition compiler is another thing that could stand to be reimplemented from a blank sheet of paper.  I will get to that eventually.  I only wrote four production quality compilers, so it should be easy if I get to break compatibility on some parts of the language.

There is an existing problem with multi-media key events being
generated in kernel evdev and X not being able to deliver them. Things
like those email, chat, etc buttons on your keyboard and IR input
generates these events. The X key define is only eight bits and I
believe the kernel is up to 517 key defines now. One possible way to
handle these keys would be to map them into vendor specific Unicode
space. I fully support putting parts of X keyboard support out of its
misery.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com