Underscore/block text cursors in GUI applications.

Marty Jack martyj19 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 18 06:18:40 PST 2011

For your purposes, it is easier to think of Wayland as playing the role of the window manager.  The style of the cursor in each application would be controlled by the drawing toolkit, be it GTK or Qt or some other.  These toolkits have ways for the application to set whatever cursor they like, and there is some control at the desktop environment level via per-user settings that works across applications.  So in short, it is not something Wayland would be involved in accomplishing.