client side decorations

microcai microcai at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 6 03:19:51 PDT 2011

于 2011年05月06日 12:50, Mike Paquette 写道:

> On May 5, 2011, at 6:10 PM, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
>
>> Also, the concern about not being able to close and moving hung apps
>> just seems blown out of proportion.  Yes, it's a neat feature that X
>> WMs can deal with this, but it's just about the only good thing in
>> that approach and it comes at the cost of all the complexity of trying
>> to sync the look and feel of two apps living in the same window.  And
>> realistically, how often is this really a problem?  I can't remember
>> when I last had to deal with an unresponsive application, and I think
>> I might have killed it form the panel or command line instead.  And
>> it's possible to work around this to some extent, by letting the app
>> specify a rect where the compositor should grab button 1 and start a
>> move, for example.  Perhaps a rectangle (ie, the close button) where
>> the application has to acknowledge buttons clicks within a second or
>> so, or it will be assumed unresponsive and the compositor can pop up
>> the "This guy is not responding, force quit?" dialog.

When app lock up, the  wayland can start a remote-thread inside the
client, and this thread can handle move/drag stuff or even terminate the
process. This can be implemented as a signal hander inside
libwayland-client, or no need to start the thread at-all.

So the libwayland-client must juse one signal internally. But there is
no problem here. GUI app usually don't use signals.

This can simply the protocol. Client don't need to say, hey, this is the
rectangle for balabala....

Even some app can still provide it's own signal hander for great control
over the default behavior.