running Wayland on set-top-box

Zhao, Juan J juan.j.zhao at intel.com
Tue Oct 18 17:14:54 PDT 2011

DirectFB can also use EGL/GLESv2 with kms/drm for drawing. Wayland can try to get the egl context or create another egl context to do the drawing work.
If DirectFB uses framebuffer directly, wayland can still create its EGL context and use gl.
And of course, we hope with DirectFB, we would like to use DirectFB to draw. We can modify the output related interface to do this.

> > Be patient, there will be such an component sooner or later. J
> >

> What code would need to be written to have a framebuffer version of
> Wayland?
For wayland running on directfb, we need to write a wayland-directfb backend.
We need to fix the following problems: How to init egl with directfb, the mechanism of the output surfaces and the input mechanisms.