some documents for buiding and understanding wayland

Zhao, Juan J juan.j.zhao at intel.com
Mon Oct 24 05:08:14 PDT 2011

Hi Tiago,

My platform is untunt11.04, there are some differences for the default installed packages and the permission of device resources.
My original intention is just writing down what problems I met and how I fixed them by tricky ways. I remembered, I listed the wiki page at first.
Again, I will figure out the differences and adding them here. :)

> About the documentation in general, we will have to agree in some better
> and cleaner way how to do so, but we basically have the wiki, the
> spec/main.tex file and the huge TODO that Kristian maintains with random
> development notes. The wiki is going towards more a presentation of
> what's actually Wayland and also for users that want try, while the
> other means are target for developers.

For the documentation in general, maybe we can use doxgen to generate some formal api introduction for some " WL_EXPORT " APIs.
But we need to follow some doxgen defined coding style and add more and add more explanation before the " WL_EXPORT " APIs.

And, the TODO list is really very helpful for the next step.

-----
Juan