seprate window management component

Michal Suchanek hramrach at centrum.cz
Thu Sep 15 02:03:47 PDT 2011

On 14 September 2011 18:21, cat <zixon65 at gmail.com> wrote:
> well if clients are allowed to decide how their own windows stack, the
> window management proxy would be in control.
>
> the idea I have is that there isn't any special protocol changes
> (though that might be bad for this system), but because of the proxy,
> a call to or a response from (or lack of one) a client could be
> corrected, and nether the final display server nor the client know
> that such a correction took place.

Still the clients should not know about the windows of other clients
so they would not know how their windows stack and not knowing that
they can't really decide it either.

They should be able to decide relative stacking of their windows so if
a document window is raised, the client is notified of that, and the
client responds by raising its toolbar windows it might work.

Thanks

Michal