[WIP] xwayland fix

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at intel.com
Tue Apr 3 06:57:58 PDT 2012

Hi,

This is what I'm working to make the shell_surface glue with xserver
WM in Weston. Basically the WM has to read the X window properties and
communicate them that to wl_shell, which will map it correctly on Weston.

Patches #2 and #6 are the ones interested, which care some review. For
xwayland, we might want to consider to create and attach surfaces at
create_window time instead realize_window; that makes more sense I guess and
might avoid the race I'm seeing. Anyhow, with the current scheme I just made
the window mapped (at map_notify) and we can extend the rest of functionality
for other EWMH hints eventually.

Thanks,

PS. I'll be in vacation, taking a cruise to St Petersburg, Russia and returning
(luckily) on Tuesday, 10.04.

           Tiago

Tiago Vignatti (2):
  xserver: log locally
  xserver: glue it with shell_surface

 create mode 100644 src/shell.h

Tiago Vignatti (4):
  xwayland: use stub for wl_input_device_listener
  xwayland: remove rootless flag
  xwayland: make more explicit root window creation path
  xwayland: don't race with weston

-- cut --

I saw lot of interest on IRC on xwayland. If you want to help/give a try/etc,
besides the patches here, this is what I used to make it work:

There's a bunch of dependencies to solve before start the compilation
of the xserver and the driver. One would try to solve them by trial-error
approach, which works okay. Another tip is to *not* use /usr/local as the
prefix. Never.

$ git clone git://people.freedesktop.org/~krh/xserver
$ cd xserver
$ git checkout -b xwayland-1.12 origin/xwayland-1.12
$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD --enable-wayland
$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD --enable-wayland --with-xkb-path=/usr/share/X11/xkb/ --with-xkb-bin-directory=/usr/bin/
$ make && sudo make install

$  cd ..
$ git clone git://people.freedesktop.org/~krh/xf86-video-intel
$ cd xf86-video-intel
$ git checkout -b xwayland-1.12 origin/xwayland-1.12
 $PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$WLD/lib/pkgconfig/ ./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD

$ ./src/weston --xserver

-- cut --

--
1.7.5.4