State of Wayland, 2012-04-08

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Tue Apr 10 11:30:50 PDT 2012

On 04/09, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> That's a very nice overview of the project,

Thanks.

> though I'd point out that
> there's a bit more work to do on GTK+ support: client side decorations
> (as you mention), selections, dnd and popup placement are the big
> ones.

Done.

> It would also be nice to included a summary of what's mssing in
> the protocol and the state of mutter-on-wayland.

I'd love to, where can I find that info?

You mentioned some stuff about the protocol in
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2012-February/002196.html
Is there anything more recent?

What is the state of mutter-on-wayland?
This briefly mentions mutter works with wayland:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA4MzQ
I'm not really seeing any solid info.  I see there's relevant branches:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/commits-list/2012-January/msg05455.html
More info in a couple of the commits....
http://git.gnome.org/browse/mutter/commit/?h=wip/wayland&id=c2ce8a1b583cd7ac73bd8b63b14a2ef3ecd00e9e

--
"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it."
 - http://www.ASofterWorld.com/index.php?id=421