[PULL wayland] fd leak checks and a socket fallback

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Apr 22 04:04:32 PDT 2012

On sexta-feira, 20 de abril de 2012 16.46.52, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> Hi Kristian,
>
> finally I am getting the test framework up for my OS wrappers. I added
> automatic fd leak checks, and helpers for checking fd leaks through
> exec(). They have their sanity tests.
>
> The other feature in this series is the fallback for socket() and
> SOCK_CLOEXEC flag, which is not supported in Bionic. It comes with
> tests for both normal use and a forced fallback hack.
>
> If this series looks acceptable, I can clean up the rest of my OS
> wrappers and write tests for them.

Can I urge you to try the following first:

#ifndef SOCK_CLOEXEC
# define SOCK_CLOEXEC 02000000
#endif

And tell the bionic maintainers that this macro and O_CLOEXEC and other
similar system calls (pipe2, dup3, accept4) are a must in any thread-safe
software. We really need them.

The accept4 system call, the last one of them to be introduced, came about in
kernel 2.6.28, the other ones in 2.6.27.

PS: if you're reading this and you want to run Wayland on your non-Linux
system, you should also add those to your OS. Yesterday.