XWayland is working again - build script

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Tue Apr 24 21:52:00 PDT 2012

In testing my updated build script I realized my previous posts omitted a
few steps I'd previously used to get XWayland to work:

mkdir -p $WLD/share/X11/xkb/rules
ln -s /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev $WLD/share/X11/xkb/rules/
ln -s /usr/bin/xkbcomp $WLD/bin/

Without this, when Weston tries to spawn X.org, it dies with the error:

XKB: Failed to compile keymap
Keyboard initialization failed. This could be a missing or incorrect setup
of xkeyboard-config.

My Wayland master build script now builds everything for XWayland:
http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/buildscript/dl/wayland-build-master.sh
http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/buildscript/

Radeon and wlshm DDXes work.  I'd appreciate it if someone would verify
Intel works.

--
"It's never too late to panic."
http://www.ChaosReigns.com