Running xserver

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Mon Aug 27 14:32:01 PDT 2012

On 08/27, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> I never expected any support for the nvidia driver. I ran noveau for
> months because of that, and if wayland stops working better on it I
> will go back without complaint (at the moment it works better
> because it does not have the xcb_poll bug I have mentioned before).

Wait, running wayland with the proprietary nvidia driver works at all?
Isn't that... not possible (yet)?

> I attempted to patch this bug, and instead of any critique of the
> patch itself, all I seem to be getting is hostility because I dared
> to mention EEEVILLL nvidia. Holy crap!

Scott Moreau is always inappropriately hostile, don't take it personally,
and don't assume he represents anyone else.

--
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some
days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better....