Participating in Google Summer of Code 2012

Николай Антонов ostinru at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 08:42:27 PDT 2012

Hello, Wayland developers!

It's high time to begin discussing application ideas with mentoring
organizations.

I have several ideas that can improve wayland:

  - multi-gpu support: I think to do gpu hot-switch will be very
difficult, but it's possible to implement running applications  on
another gpu (I hope).

  - remote wayland - absence of such feature is one of the most
criticised/controversial disadvantage of wayland

  - and may be backlight control =)

A bit about me:
I am a 4-th year student of the Kostroma State Technology University,
Russia. I didn't take part in well-known opensources projects yet. But I
have own opensource project[1] written in C (it is pidgin/libpurple
protocol-plugin for russian IM service). I have experience with svn/git
and mailing lists. I am familiar with C, Java, network programming,
linux, etc.

Nikolay Antonov

[1] http://code.google.com/p/mrim-prpl/