How to debug the xserver?

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 13:32:46 PDT 2012

On 09/02/2012 11:06 PM, Scott Moreau wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Bill Spitzak <spitzak at gmail.com
> <mailto:spitzak at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 08/31/2012 05:03 AM, Tiago Vignatti wrote:
>
>         you need to update your xtrans library:
>         http://lists.freedesktop.org/__archives/wayland-devel/2012-__August/005157.html
>         <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2012-August/005157.html>
>

>     I tried guessing at the name of the git repository but am not having
>     much luck in figuring this out. Can you supply some more hints on
>     how I get the updated xtrans library?
>

> The repo is here git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libxtrans
> <http://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libxtrans>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libxtrans

Thanks, it seems to be working now.

For X I'm getting a lot of black windows that only occasionally update,
drawing pieces of their contents as those areas are drawn. Also if you
try to resize the top edge of the window it instead resizes as though
you are moving the bottom edge in the opposite direction. There also
isn't any close box or other toytoolkit decorations. I assume these are
all known bugs but want to make sure they are not some problem with my
version?