[patches] Add a color management framework to weston

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 13:33:54 PDT 2013

Richard Hughes wrote:

> For GIMP I was going to just allow the app to opt-out a sub-surface
> from any kind of color management. i.e. do it all in the app.

Maybe the client should be able to query the color space of the output
and can set the color space of it's buffer to the same one, this would
indicate that no color correction is needed. The compositor could still
color-correct it from one output's color space to another's if it is on
multiple outputs.

Ideally a client should be able to do this with just some strings (ie
query the color space and send the same string as the buffer's color
space) so it does not have to open a CMS library that it might otherwise
not be using.