Possible bug in compositor-rdp.c (Marek Romanowicz)

Marek Romanowicz marek.romanowicz at realvnc.com
Tue Aug 6 08:28:57 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am not sure if compositor-rdp.c acts as authors intended it to. I
managed to make it running after several attempts together with wayland
and connect to it over RDP protocol using xfreerdp from another machine
running Ubuntu 13.10. Xfreerdp client obtained initial Wayland desktop
image over the network however it did not seem to be receiving any screen
updates until I moved its window on the client side so I investigated it
further and noticed  these lines within rdp_output_repaint function:

        if ((outputPeer->flags & RDP_PEER_ACTIVATED) &&
                (outputPeer->flags & RDP_PEER_OUTPUT_ENABLED))
        {
            rdp_peer_refresh_region(damage, outputPeer->peer);
        }

As it turned out, compositor-rdp.c  wanted to send an update of the
display having received every input signal or changed display but these
two flags don't seem to be both set at the same time except for when I
move a window on the client side. Looking into it further I noticed that
the problem was with RDP_PEER_OUTPUT_ENABLED flag as the other one
appeared to be set whenever there is a repaint request. Has anyone
encountered a similar problem?

Kind regards,

Marek Romanowicz