The least I need to draw with OpenGL.

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 03:46:18 PST 2013

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 14:15:16 +0300
Artsiom Anikeyenka <arty.anikey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, guys,
>
> My ultimate idea here to run a command from my terminal which will
> repaint the screen and draws the cube there. I then press Ctrl+C and
> get back to my terminal. So basically what I need is to create an
> OpenGL context and draw to it. I want to make it the shortest way.
> The less components will be used the more I like the way.
>
> For the whole weekend I've been trying to do that. I've been reading
> wayland and weston sources but no luck yet (wayland is lacking
> documentation and weston is trying to support too much stuff which
> makes its code complicated).
>
> I think it would be really cool to have such a code somewhere because
> that would be the best documentation of waylands internals.

Hi,

do you want to write a Wayland application, or something that runs
without a window system, on the virtual console level?

For a Wayland application that does not use any existing toolkit, see
clients/simple-egl.c in the Weston repository.

For the latter, see e.g. https://github.com/robclark/kmscube .