Testing the Wayland backend for Dolphin-Emu

小龙 陈 chillermillerlong at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:47:59 PST 2013

It turns out that the X11 issues with EGL happened because I didn't set
LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to where mesa git
was installed. Thanks to Scott for pointing this out!

So, with the environment set up properly, X11 + EGL works fine now. It's
slower than Wayland + EGL:

Windowed (640x480): 50~60 fps
Full Screen (1920x1080): 45~52 fps

but there are no more rendering issues and the games are definitely playable.

Best regards,
Xiao-Long

(Sorry for the second email. I forgot to hit Reply All in the first)