weston and hardware keyboard

Michael Hasselmann michaelh at openismus.com
Mon Jun 17 19:38:11 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-06-17 at 18:08 +0200, Marc Chalain wrote:
> Hello,

> My first observation is we need a PC keyboard support at the end
> ( often a virtual keyboard).

There's an input method procotol that we intended to use for virtual
keyboards. Try weston's clients/editor.c together with the example
keyboard. You can plug in your own by changing [input-method] in
weston.ini for instance.

Sending key events should be the exception when using a virtual
keyboard. Instead, we rely on input method events to input text. But
even then clients will have to parse those rare key events.

ciao Michael