More problems building xserver

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 12:01:46 PST 2013

On 03/04/2013 09:02 AM, darxus at chaosreigns.com wrote:
> On 03/03, Bill Spitzak wrote:
>> Requested 'xtrans >= 1.2.7' but version of XTrans is 1.2.6
>
> What distro has xtrans v. 1.2.6?

This is Ubuntu 12.04. 12.10 does not work on my machine, which was
extremely annoying to discover as I had to downgrade which Ubuntu really
does not like (for some reason the install has no option to write over
an existing installation, it either wants to split it or reformat the
entire disk, though I managed to fool it by using the disk partitioning
tool, but it was pretty scary...)

>> No package 'xineramaproto' found
>
> The first step, assuming you aren't bent on manually compiling everything
> from source, is to search for the package from your distro containing the
> file "xineramaproto.pc" ("pc" stands for pkg-config, the thing throwing
> this error).
>
> On Debian based distros, this would be:
>
>    apt-file search /xineramaproto.pc

Thanks, yes I would prefer to install a package rather than compile.