Weston Pre-release Dependencies

shea at shealevy.com shea at shealevy.com
Sat Mar 9 08:55:56 PST 2013

Hello,

I am a maintainer for the NixOS Linux distribution, and I'd like to
package weston and experiment with it as a replacement for X (I've
already packaged libwayland). Generally we try to use released versions
of packages whenever possible, but the instructions at
http://wayland.freedesktop.org/building.html and
http://wayland.freedesktop.org/xserver.html#heading_toc_j_1 mention a
whole lot of development versions. That page mentions wayland-0.85 a
lot, is it up-to-date? We can use development versions if necessary, but
if more recent releases will work that'd be great.

Thanks,
Shea Levy