Weston Pre-release Dependencies

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sat Mar 9 09:26:32 PST 2013

On 03/09/2013 05:55 PM, shea at shealevy.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a maintainer for the NixOS Linux distribution, and I'd like to
> package weston and experiment with it as a replacement for X (I've
> already packaged libwayland). Generally we try to use released versions
> of packages whenever possible, but the instructions at
> http://wayland.freedesktop.org/building.html and
> http://wayland.freedesktop.org/xserver.html#heading_toc_j_1 mention a
> whole lot of development versions. That page mentions wayland-0.85 a
> lot, is it up-to-date? We can use development versions if necessary, but
> if more recent releases will work that'd be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Shea Levy

The deps listed on http://wayland.freedesktop.org/building.html should
be used if running development version of Wayland/Weston. For stable
releases (1.0 branch) you can use already released versions of
everything. (You can use them even for git master of both weston and
wayland).

Wayland needs basic development tools, libffi and expat iirc ...
(doxygen/publician and libxslt are optional and needed for documentation
and manual pages).

Weston uses more deps, here are some I remember and the versions I use:

Pixman 0.28.2
libjpeg v8d or libjpeg-turbo 1.2.1 with jpeg8 compatibility
libpng 1.5.14
Cairo 1.12.14 (recommended with GL or GLESv2 backend - otherwise
cairo-image will be used).
libxkbcommon (stable 0.2.0 with xkeyboard-config 2.8)
libdrm 2.4.42
Mesa 9.1 with GLESv2, EGL and Wayland EGL platform enabled
GLU 9.0.0 (split from Mesa before 9.0 release iirc)
libwebp 0.2.1 for Weston video recorder
libxcb 1.9 for XWayland and maybe something else
Systemd and libudev 197 - libudev needed for many things while
libsystemd-login needed for weston-launch
Linux PAM 1.1.6 also needed for weston-launch
mtdev 1.1.3 for input stuff
poppler (poppler-glib) 0.22.1 for demo pdf viewer
Pango 1.32.5 (probabbly used by some demo programs)
librsvg 2.36.4 for rsvg-convert (no idea where its used)