Axis events to keyboard focus (Re: Input and games.)

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Thu May 9 11:19:58 PDT 2013

Peter Hutterer wrote:

> plus, it's not clear which axes/buttons on the gamepad represent axis
> movement for pointers.

I think that is going to have to be figured out anyway. There certainly
was a lot of talk about having the "same" buttons on different gamepads
produce events that the client can tell resemble each other without
having knowledge about the gamepad.

> and I have too much experience with sending multiple
> protocol events from a single physical event so I can't stress the
> "don't go there" enough.

It would not send multiple protocol events. There would be no gamepad
events until the client opens the gamepad device, at this moment it
would stop moving the shared pointer and stop sending mouse movement events.