minimized and stick windows

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Thu May 16 10:12:00 PDT 2013

Pekka Paalanen wrote:

>> For example the floating shared toolbox with 2 main windows. It should
>> only disappear when *both* main windows are minimized.
>
> You very conventiently removed my next sentence, where I already took
> this into account.
> - pq

Sorry, obviously I did not read very carefully:

 > Actually, if you think about a multi-window application, minimize
needs to work the same way, so that application can hide all relevant
windows (but maybe not *all* windows).

I think also it is important to note that the compositor cannot even
hide the window the minimize is for. This is because that hide should be
in sync with the hiding of other windows, so the client should do all of
them.