minimized and stick windows

Rafael Antognolli antognolli at gmail.com
Tue May 28 13:10:04 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Bill Spitzak <spitzak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pekka Paalanen wrote:
>
>>> For example the floating shared toolbox with 2 main windows. It should
>>> only disappear when *both* main windows are minimized.
>>

>> You very conventiently removed my next sentence, where I already took
>> this into account.
>> - pq
>

> Sorry, obviously I did not read very carefully:
>

>> Actually, if you think about a multi-window application, minimize needs to
>> work the same way, so that application can hide all relevant windows (but
>> maybe not *all* windows).
>
> I think also it is important to note that the compositor cannot even hide
> the window the minimize is for. This is because that hide should be in sync
> with the hiding of other windows, so the client should do all of them.

OK, so since what Khristian proposed was this:

https://github.com/antognolli/wayland/commit/a94eb97fdf49c6e06b0b4e94f4b8c840602442db

Can I start from it? It seems to me that it allows to cover the most
important part mentioned here, which is the fact that weston will only
send the minimize events and clients should have control over this.

Regards,
--
Rafael Antognolli