[RFC] clients: add simple-dmabuf

Axel Davy davy at clipper.ens.fr
Mon Oct 28 00:34:42 CET 2013

> On 22/10/2013 17:23, David Herrmann wrote :
>> Btw., I got this working with i915 by allowing GEM_OPEN/GEM_FLINK on
>> the render-node. So if someone else tests this, you might need the
>> same hacks. I will try to find the code in mesa that requires this.
>>
>> David
>
> This comes from 'intel_region_alloc_for_handle', which is called in
> 'intel_process_dri2_buffer'.

I've just talked with Christopher James Halse Rogers, and he already
made patches that should solve that.

The patches to support driImage version 7 were posted recently on Mesa,

And his older patches (probably need rebasing):
https://github.com/RAOF/mesa/commit/cc797647eaa0e59929eca09ad1c5936cab74144b
https://github.com/RAOF/mesa/commit/1ff8df28f25f98b2e4a12f7fb3085b7d0adbfdf3
https://github.com/RAOF/mesa/commit/59e6361e9c76bb32c3fe96482ae0b31493dc3b3c

Combined with setting the name field to null (instead of generating a
name) and setting the fd field to a prime dma-buf when creating a buffer
(in get_back_bo),
it should avoid using names at all, and use dma-buf in Mesa, thus
enabling using render-nodes with Mesa.

Axel