[RFC] wl_surface video protocol extension

Axel Davy davy at clipper.ens.fr
Mon Oct 28 22:13:32 CET 2013

On 28/10/2013, Daniel Stone wrote :

>> For programers having to cope with X and Wayland, and to better support the
>> Present extension, I reiterate my suggestion
>> to do something similar to the X Present extension.
> Anything in particular? I'm well aware of Present, but am not entirely
> sure what you're suggesting to do different.

I would like the extension incorporate the use of ust times to target,
and the feedback contains the ust of when the frame has hit the screen.

About the number of interfaces and the difficulty to implement a
compositor: Isn't the goal of versioning the ability to add
functionalities with new version, that compositors with older version
doesn't need to implement?

Axel