Wayland integration tests

Eoff, Ullysses A ullysses.a.eoff at intel.com
Wed Oct 30 18:50:07 CET 2013

"assread(...)" and "asswrite(...)" are not clever function names ;-)

> This is very similar to what we're trying to do in weston tests/.  Did
> you consider just building out the current weston in-tree test suite?

I think it's a little more "generic", though.   This test suite doesn't have dependencies
on any particular compositor implementation (except for the internal "mock"
server and client).  Also, it appears it is completely independent of any particular
"graphics" layers (??).
Although it's an integration test suite, it feels like just one step beyond "unit"
testing for the core wayland protocols (which is not a bad thing).  I think this
suite would be a nice addition to the current test framework in the "wayland"
source tree rather than a standalone project.  Adding it to the wayland tree
would certainly encourage developers and testers to adopt and use it more
and provide a nice framework for "generic" client<->server protocol testing.
Would you be willing to entertain the idea of adding it to wayland?

U. Artie