Absolute coordinates using "wl_shell_surface_set_transient"

Tarnyko tarnyko at tarnyko.net
Mon Sep 16 02:41:50 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

Wayland/Weston 1.2 here ; I recently needed to display a surface using
absolute coordinates. Let's say, 100x100 starting from the upper left corner
of the compositor.

So here is the (working) approach I used :

window->surface = wl_compositor_create_surface (display->compositor);
window->shell_surface = wl_shell_get_shell_surface (display->shell,
window->surface);
wl_shell_surface_set_transient (window->shell_surface, window->surface, 100,
100, 0);

It works this way, surface always displays at 100x100.
But my question is : is it supposed to work in the first place ? And will it
still be working in future releases ?

Regards,
Tarnyko