Absolute coordinates using "wl_shell_surface_set_transient"

Giulio Camuffo giuliocamuffo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 05:18:08 PDT 2013

No, it's not supposed to work, and if it works it's just by pure chance
and/or because of how the shell works internally.
There is no way to place a surface to an absolute position from the client
side, but there may be ways to solve your problem in a different way.
What are you trying to achieve?

Giulio