Absolute coordinates using "wl_shell_surface_set_transient"

Tarnyko tarnyko at tarnyko.net
Tue Sep 17 01:37:13 PDT 2013

Hi Giulio, Bill,

We were originally investigating a problem happening when using X/GTK
applications under XWayland ; most of the menus appeared badly positioned
when they opened.

For example, under Evolution with XWayland, when opening the "File" menu,
the menu appears but outside the application's window.

We supposed (but we maybe wrong) that the menu may be a X11 Window, then
wrapped as a surface by XWayland, as the bug was related to Weston badly
calculating the new surface coordinates.

(BTW, it would be great if you had an opinion/insight on this matter)

Thanks for all your answers, nice to see some reactivity on this list :-).

Regards,
Tarnyko