1.3 RC1 snapshots

Kristian Høgsberg hoegsberg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 17:09:34 PDT 2013

Hello,

We're closing in on end of September, and the plan is to release 1.3
then.  So towards that and without much further ado, here's the 1.2.91
release candidate.

I believe I picked up most recent patches and fixes recently on the
list.  In particular, I merged Rob and Neils patch to send out events
to all listeners for wl_pointer, wl_keyboard and wl_touch from a
client.  This patch enables clutter-gtk and webkitgtk, but touches
core event delivery code paths, so look for regressions there.

Another potentially disruptive change I landed just before the RC is
the weston-launch rewrite.  The core change here is to let
weston-launch handle VT switch signals and automatically drop and set
drm master at the right time, as well as setup and restore the VT.
The result is that error recovery is much more consistent and
reliable, but we may see a couple of regressions there.  The drm,
fbdev and rpi backends are affected, so test those if you can.  I'd
like to also move the backtrace feature into weston-launch and do it
with ptrace, so we don't try to do it from a process who's taken a
SEGV signal.  Or just launch and attach gdb after restoring the VT.

There are a few patches on the list that we'll have to push out until
after 1.3 is out.  Jasons weston_view feature of course is scheduled
for after 1.3 and the clone mode patches look promising, but will have
to wait.  We also have Neils two EGL features - the swap interval 0
one and the nested buffer passthrough.  Those are mostly mesa
features, but there is a small weston part to them.  We may be able to
do that.

Anyway, here are the SHA1 sums for tarballs and tags:

  2b5f16910577e5b2c26938e0079b2e26e7cf32fc  wayland-1.2.91.tar.xz
  4125367f20d70cdf3c14f1bcafbf46e1c6e20835  wayland 1.2.91 tag

  563950324fcdd837d768586f65e685739d6f5e1c  weston-1.2.91.tar.xz
  779938596d3886a6f69a8e411b3f7e8ac550544d  weston 1.2.91 tag

Kristian