Wayland API Changed?

Jonas Ådahl jadahl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 02:31:54 PDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 05:08:45PM +0800, Leslie Zhai wrote:
> Hi João and Wayland developers,
>
> I am a newbie of Wayland, so I just wanna write a HelloWorld at first :)
>
> I read the client demo source code just like
> ./weston/clients/simple-touch.c it shown a transparent frameless
> window, and rendered multi-touch slots if you have a multi-touch
> screen.
> But it is based on weston`s architecture, isn't? What I really need
> is a pure wayland-client example, so I google with wayland hello
> world example keyword.

The simple-* clients in weston/clients/ are not based on weston's
architecture except the build system and the os_create_anonymous_file()
helper function. Other clients in the same directory does however use
the same toolkit for drawing window frames etc, such as
weston-terminal, clickdot etc.

Jonas