How can I start wayland at boot?

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Sun Apr 13 06:27:47 PDT 2014

Recent gdm has support for Wayland sessions. You'll have to write the
session file yourself if you want to launch weston, though.

Something like this should work.

# mkdir -p /usr/share/wayland-sessions/
# echo <<<EOF
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Weston
Exec=weston-launch -- weston
Type=Application
EOF > /usr/share/wayland-sessions/weston.desktop

  Jasper