Multiple Display Support

Abhijit Potnis abhijitpotnis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 02:34:08 PDT 2014

Hello ,

I have a doubt regarding Wayland/Weston's support for multiple displays. I
am of the assumption that "multiple display" means support of two or more
monitors(or displays) simultaneously like a extended desktop mode and the
ability to drag-and-drop windows from one display to the other.

Am I right regarding my understanding of "multiple display" support in
Wayland ?

If so,

I am are running Wayland/Weston 1.5 on the TI Jacinto J6 board with two
displays connected ( via HDMI and LCD connectors ). I am unable to get the
extended display started. Do I have to change/add any thing in the
weston.ini file to get the extended display started ?

Thanks in Advance,
- Abhijit