Help compiling mesa/gallium from git!

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 01:30:22 PST 2014

On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 09:54:36 -0800
Bill Spitzak <spitzak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, removing everything with "gallium" in it's name from the
> install worked. But "make install" in mesa puts it all back!
> Would "clean" fix this?
>
> What I am really interested in is the proper configure line for
> mesa. I am currently only interested in running wayland atop an
> Nvidia X server, and running GL/EGL wayland clients inside that,
> and some of the errors indicate that I may be able to run
> software-emulated EGL with the proper configuration.

*sigh*... I wrote a long nice reply and then my laptop crashed. Ok,
here's the summary anyway.

- your configure line looks fine, but

- you need --enable-gallium-egl, because you want software rendered
  Wayland GL/GLES apps to work

- you need to use weston's pixman renderer, not gl-renderer.
  Sw-rendered GL apps will work anyway with egl_gallium.so, but not
  with egl_dri2.so.

- if you used weston's gl-renderer, you need to get weston to load
  NVIDIA libEGL, but you always need Wayland apps to load Mesa libEGL.
  That is almost impossible without serious hacking, especially if
  you built weston-desktop-shell to use EGL. So better to not have
  weston use EGL/GL at all.

- you probably run not the binaries you think you are, because of
  the problems and the warnings about source being more recent than
  executable. That needs to be fixed. Check /proc/<PID>/maps for
  what binaries are loaded for a process.